Saara represents both protected parties and local authorities in proceedings before the Court of Protection. She regularly deals with applications challenging authorisations under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) regime, welfare applications, and challenges to the appointment of attorneys and/or deputies.
Examples of Saara’s work include:
- Representing a local authority challenging the validity of a lasting power of attorney
- Represented the mother of P in an application by a local authority to prevent the removal of P’s intrauterine device
- Represented a local authority in a section 21A challenge concerning P’s capacity to consent to sexual relations and use of social media
- Represented a CCG in proceedings to authorise the possible use of force in effecting the transfer of P from hospital to their long-term placement.
- Represented P whose hoarding behaviours caused her eviction from various placements.