Bobby specialises in the areas of police law, public law, human rights and civil liberties, malfeasance claims, prison law, information law, inquests, personal injury claims, employment law and professional misconduct. He accepts instructions in all of Chambers’ main practice areas.
Bobby’s recent cases include:
- An appeal to the Court of Appeal concerning civil restraint orders and access to justice
- An appeal to the Court of Appeal, led by Jason Beer QC acting for the NPCC, concerning police vetting and recruitment
- A contested judicial review concerning retention by the Metropolitan Police of a child’s data and the Prevent duty
- A contested judicial review on behalf of the prison service concerning re-categorisation of prisoners
- A six-week art.2 inquest for Surrey Police (led by Jason Beer QC) where a man murdered two women using a shotgun for which he had a licence
- A seven-day trial for the Metropolitan Police in a claim for false imprisonment, malicious prosecution and negligence
- An appeal in the EAT in a claim for unfair dismissal and maternity discrimination
- An art.2 jury inquest for the Ministry of Justice touching upon the death of a prisoner
Bobby also regularly provides lectures and training on a range of topics including, recently: claims for stress at work and police misconduct.
Bobby was appointed to the Attorney General’s C Panel of Counsel in February 2017.