Charles has extensive experience in Regulatory Law, appearing and advising in relation to a wide range of professional disciplinary tribunals including the SRA, IPreg, MPTS, GPhC, FCA, ACCA and the Bar Council.
He is appointed legal adviser to the Nursing and Midwifery Council and as legal assessor to the General Dental Council.
Cases and advisory work include:
- Representation Pharmacists in disciplinary proceedings;
- Representing GP’s in partnership disputes, including exclusion from practices for breach of partnership Deeds;
- Representation a GP in a six day arbitration with his partner involving a dispute over the retention of the partnership GMS contract, obtaining a successful result and recovery of costs;
- Drafting of partnership Deeds;
- Property disputes;
- NHS contract litigation. Advice on the termination of PMS contract with the local PCT, damages claims arising from breaches of GMS agreements and unilateral termination of GMS contracts by PCTs.