Anne is ranked as a leading silk specialising in public inquiries, inquests and public law. Clients value her “charming style” and ability to “cut through the myriad of information and get to the heart of the issue in cases” (Chambers UK).
Anne has been instructed in a number of high profile and sensitive inquests including inquests into the deaths of:
- the 96 victims at Hillsborough;
- Naomi Bryant (a young woman murdered by a convicted rapist released to be supervised by MAPPA);
- Mark Nunes and Andrew Markland (double police shooting at Chandler's Ford);
- Cherry Groce (Brixton riots);
- Kingsley Burrell (the death of a psychotic man taken to a mental health setting);
- Luisa Mendes (failure in police response to 999 call);
- John Charles De Menezes (police shooting). In the public inquiry sphere, Anne has also acted in a number of high profile inquiries.
She is presently representing Greater Manchester Police and the Chief Constable of Wiltshire in the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse and is instructed in the Undercover Policing Inquiry and the Grenfell Fire Inquiry.