Alastair has extensive experience in the following areas of Employment Law:
All protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010, Contracts of Employment, Collective Agreements, Directors’ Duties, Equal Pay, Flexible Working, Health and Safety at Work, Insolvency, Maternity Rights, Part-Time Workers, Pay, Pensions & Benefits, Redundancy, Service Lettings, Strikes & Industrial Action, Temporary Employees, Termination of Employment, Trade Unions, Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE), Unfair Dismissal, Working Time, Wrongful Dismissal.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for a Respondent in a 4 day transfer of undertakings case, involving off shore issues relating to Guernsey & Cayman Islands.
- Acting for a Police Force in a 12 day disability discrimination case.
- Acting for a Local Authority in a 7 day unfair dismissal, sex discrimination and disability discrimination case.
- Acting for a Claimant in a complex equal pay claim within the private banking sector.
- Acting for a Local Authority in a 5 day unfair dismissal case, relating to a major public sector reorganisation programme.
Alastair is also frequently instructed to appear in the Jersey Employment Tribunal and is fully conversant with the Labour Laws of the Cayman Islands.