New 5 Essex Court publication focusing on inquests and inquiries
New 5 Essex Court newsletter ‘Insight: Inquests and Inquiries’ edited by Samantha Leek QC and Jonathan Dixey is out now. This publication provides updates on key legal developments and practical insights from leading barristers who regularly appear in the most significant inquests and public inquiries.
Issue 1 includes articles on the following:
• key differences between inquests and public inquiries - Jason Beer QC;
• inquests arising from deaths in care homes and hospitals where the deceased was subject to DoLS - Beatrice Collier;
• applications to quash previous inquests – John Goss;
• when post mortem examinations are necessary - Alison Hewitt;
• the relevance of admissions of non-causative failings in inquests - Robert Cohen.
Plus summaries of recent key cases - Amy Clarke and Aaron Moss.
To subscribe to Insight, email email@example.com
We have also set up an associated LinkedIn Group, which aims to provide a forum for debate and sharing views on topics covered in this newsletter as well as other key issues relating to inquests and inquiries.
To view the first issue of Insight and for more information about all our publications, see the Publications page.