In advising on all aspects of employment law, examples of Melvyn’s recent successes include:
- Representing a store manager in an unfair dismissal claim against a major supermarket group who had been dismissed for alleged gross misconduct.
- Obtaining a six figure sum for a senior executive at a mediation relating to a claim under the employer’s incentive scheme. This represented over 80% of the sum he had been claiming.
- Resisting an injunction application against two ex-directors who had left and started their own business that was competing with the company with whom they had previously been employed.
- Resisting a claim for unfair dismissal and sex and race discrimination by a senior employee of a Housing Association who was represented by an important member of her trade union.
- Resisting a claim for constructive unfair dismissal and sex discrimination by an employee of a retail group who resigned over the way she had been treated by her male line manager.