Charles is regularly instructed on Environmental Law matters acting a range of companies.
Cases and advisory work include:
- Contamination of controlled waters; leaking of noxious substances from industrial premises;
- Dams/Reservoirs Act;
- Statutory Nuisance/Noise pollution;
- Waste management licenses (Hazardous substances);
- Pollution Prevention and Control Act;
- Occupational diseases, lung disease and dermatitis;
- Fishing rights and leases of fishing clubs.
Hyde and others v Simple Skips Ltd  EWHC 3087 (QB) - litigation concerning termination of licence for waste transfer station, liability for co-defendant breaches of licences and waste management licences. Settled following 6 day trial, on favourable terms for defendant.